Who is Gage Ames?
My name is Gage Ames. I am currently employed as a Software Engineer at Microsoft on the Skype team. I have been known to spend hours on the computer writing code for no special purpose or just browsing the web. I have a thirst for knowledge and always want to learn new things. I am personable and helpful to those in need, especially when it is computer help that is desired.
- Penn State University Park
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Mathematics
- Class of 2014
- DuBois Area Senior High School
- Class of 2010
- Microsoft | Skype Media Intelligence Team
- Software Engineer • June 2014 – Present
- Microsoft | Skype Media Server Team – Skype.com
- Software Development Engineer in Test Intern • Summer 2013
- Created a C# Windows Forms application for Lync interoperability testing.
- Studied various Video Teleconferencing (VTC) devices’ SDP payloads and SIP behavior.
- Contributed to an internal testing framework for Lync Server.
- Worked with multiple Scrum teams to gather periodic project feedback and resolve dependencies.
- Microsoft | Lync Server Team – products.office.com/skype-for-business
- Software Development Engineer in Test Intern • Summer 2012
- Developed a web dashboard using ASP.NET MVC to track and analyze large-scale software deployments.
- Wrote automated unit tests to ensure my project’s integrity and functionality throughout its lifetime.
- Collaborated across multiple teams to refine project features and integrate with an existing web support portal.
- Analytical Graphics, Inc. – www.AGI.com
- Software Development Intern • Summer 2011
- Developed UI plugins for AGI’s Satellite Tool Kit (STK) software.
- Created and converted tutorial applications demonstrating the latest features in the STK API.
- Awarded STK Certification in recognition of expert knowledge and the ability to provide support for STK.
- DuBois Area School District – www.dasd.k12.pa.us
- MIS Intern • Summer 2009 and Summer 2010
- Assisted in the migration from Windows XP to Windows 7 using Windows Deployment Services.
- Performed network upgrades such as switch replacement and rewiring.
- Gained experience with virtual server configuration and load management, as well as physical server repair.
- Installed and configured a web-based Course Management System (Moodle™) for use throughout the school district.
- Johnson Motors, Inc. – www.JohnsonAuto.com
- Assistant Website Manager • November 2007 – August 2010
- Create and update website content and inventory database, including photographing the vehicles.
- Relay For Life of DuBois
- Online Chair • 2008 – 2012
- Big Brothers Big Sisters School Based Mentoring